Association of Washington Businesses Honors Best Workplaces in Washington
Olympia, WA — The Association of Washington Business recognized four top Washington employers today with the 2015 Better Workplace Award, honoring proven commitments to innovative benefits, job training and workplace safety.
The annual AWB Better Workplace Awards program highlights private-sector Washington employers that raise the standard for excellence for helping workers stay safe, excel at their current jobs and prepare for advancement through training and education. All 8,300-plus AWB member companies are eligible to submit nominations, which are reviewed by a panel of workplace benefits and safety managers. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP sponsored the awards, which were presented during AWB’s annual Legislative Summit at the Red Lion Hotel Olympia following remarks from Gov. Jay Inslee.
This year’s recipients include a home care provider that pays to train community members to fill jobs within the company, a logistics and supply chain company with a deep and effective commitment to safety, and an energy company that has found creative and empowering ways to balance its employees’ work-life obligations with the need to ensure reliable electricity for customers.
“We are impressed with the innovative and effective ways that Washington employers are building better places to live and work. From ensuring safety to providing valuable work-life balance, Washington employers are leading the way,” said AWB President Kris Johnson.
The recipient of the 2015 AWB Better Workplace Award for Innovative Benefit/Compensation Programs are:
- Benefit Solutions, Inc., Mukilteo
Read the entire article here: https://www.awb.org/press-releases/?id=707
OUR FAMILY IS THE CORE OF BSI’S SUCCESS
Exceeding expectations has been a hallmark of Benefit Solutions, Inc. (BSI) since our inception. We are exceptionally proud of our continued company growth, and our astounding Client Retention rate, and we know this unparalleled achievement is a testament to our employees.
None of this is possible without the amazing people and teams that work here.
BSI has a unique culture of work and play, teamwork and the individual contribution that comes together to simplify the vast complexities associated with administering employee benefits. But for our employees, it’s more than just a job; it’s a passion! When you join BSI, you join our family. We think, act, and believe as a connected group. We’re passionate about our present and future, devoted to our clients and business partners, and deeply invested in the successes of all of our team members.
INVESTING IN EMPLOYEE SUCCESS
We believe in preparing our team for today’s and tomorrow’s challenges, and the mutual benefit it brings to BSI and our staff members. As a result of that belief, we established BSI University (BSIU), a forum for employees to enhance personal and professional skills. Extensive and ongoing staff training is vital to serving our existing customers and exploring future horizons.
Employee benefits administration is complicated and requires collaboration. We’ve created both a culture and a physical space that supports our values. Employees work together in a casual, yet focused atmosphere that promotes excellence. Teams work in open concept areas that enable collaboration, but still, provide space for individual work. Conference rooms are creative, colorful, and casual to inspire innovative solutions for our customers and our industry alike.
BSI is an avid supporter of our employees, as well as community causes that affect us all. We support staff members who volunteer for community organizations like Ronald McDonald House, local food banks, and other important causes. At times, we’ve found our staff members in need of assistance, and like any healthy family, we’ve banded together to support each other in unique and profound ways.
We value and support our employees’ health and welfare and encourage health-related activities, such as neighborhood walks during breaks, or organized sports activities after work hours. BSI also sponsors a complimentary “Friday Breakfast” each week highlighting healthy foods. BSI staffers frequently showcase their culinary talents by cooking for their team members as well! Seahawks colored pancakes, anyone?
We believe in offering our staff members an attractive suite of benefits that exceed industry norms. We take care of them because they take care of us! It conveys our commitment to supporting employees professionally and personally. We see many different offerings available in today’s market and have chosen a combination of benefits that best suits our diverse staff’s personal needs.
BSI employees’ enjoy an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life and AD&D insurance benefits
- Consumer-directed health plans that provide tax savings: FSA, HSA, & DCAP
- 401k with employer-matching donations, and is 100% vested from inception
- Family medical leave of absence
- Employee assistance program and life assistance program
- Long & short-term disability plans
- Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents
- Ancillary products (accident, hospitalization, cancer, & other supplemental policies)
- Holiday and generous paid time off
- Free parking
- Heart & fun – celebrating our success
We are very proud of the culture we’ve created that has made us one of Washington’s Best Places to work. We support thousands of businesses in the Northwest who much like us, have a belief that a company’s success is directly tied to employee satisfaction. BSI strives to be a leader in our industry, but also to foster employee leadership, development, and dedication to our clients. Our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, and Heart & Fun are guiding principles the BSI family lives by every day.
Open Positions at Benefit Solutions, Inc.
Ensure delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of enrollment, eligibility, billing, communication (phone, email, fax), and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires. The first point of customer contact for general inquiries. Build and maintain business relationships with clients by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty. Provide support as a team effort in special projects on an on-going basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Increase depth of learning of BSI enrollment, eligibility, billing, and technical procedures that are critical to serving our clients.
- Provide answers to enrollment, eligibility, termination and billing questions.
- Provide general administrative support for team needs.
- Process incoming mailed and electronic applications, verification of eligibility.
- Act as a liaison between clients and their insurance carriers. Quickly resolve eligibility concerns with carriers and providers on behalf of the employers and employees when discrepancies occur.
- Process notifications and other compliance documentation. Ensure all data is in compliance with federally mandated rules and procedures.
- Maintain client records, noting discrepancies as directed.
- Support month-end reporting, as needed, in an effective and timely manner, including delinquency calls and producer questions.
- Provide general file management per BSI standard procedures.
- Assist BSI teams outside of your department with their work as directed by your manager or supervisor. This work may fall outside of procedures within your department but are critical to overall continuous office operations.
- Actively participate in learning client needs, taking on more responsibility as directed by Account Manager.
- Willingness to participate in departmental and company-wide committees, events, and offerings as appropriate.
- High school education or equivalent; college education a plus
- 2-5 years customer service experience
- 0-1 years of employee benefits experience (enrollment, eligibility, claims processing, billing)