Open Positions at Benefit Solutions, Inc.
What You’ll Do
Ensure delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of enrollment, eligibility, billing, communication (phone, email, fax), and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires. The first point of customer contact for general inquiries. Build and maintain business relationships with clients by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty. Provide support as a team effort in special projects on an on-going basis.
- Increase depth of learning of BSI enrollment, eligibility, billing, and technical procedures that are critical to serving our clients.
- Provide answers to enrollment, eligibility, termination and billing questions.
- Provide general administrative support for team needs.
- Process incoming mailed and electronic applications, verification of eligibility.
- Act as a liaison between clients and their insurance carriers. Quickly resolve eligibility concerns with carriers and providers on behalf of the employers
- and employees when discrepancies occur.
- Process notifications and other compliance documentation. Ensure all data is in compliance with federally mandated rules and procedures.
- Maintain client records, noting discrepancies as directed.
- Support month-end reporting, as needed, in an effective and timely manner, including delinquency calls and producer questions.
- Provide general file management per BSI standard procedures.
- Assist BSI teams outside of your department with their work as directed by your manager or supervisor. This work may fall outside of procedures within your department but are critical to overall continuous office operations.
- Actively participate in learning client needs, taking on more responsibility as directed by Account Manager.
- Willingness to participate in departmental and company-wide committees, events, and offerings as appropriate.
• High school education or equivalent; college education a plus
• 1-3 years customer service experience
• 0-1 years of employee benefits experience (enrollment, eligibility, claims processing, billing)
What You’ll Do
This position will report directly to the Director of Finance and contribute to the operational and financial effectiveness of the Accounting Department. This role will also assist with supervising, reviewing, directing and guiding all Accounting Department team members, and provide support as needed to the Director of Finance. Responsibilities center heavily around the month-end and quarter-end accounting close and related processes. Preparation and review of bank reconciliations, journal entries, and financial statements will be key activities. The individual will provide support as needed to the Director of Finance, and will also interact with external auditors, and communicate directly with senior management.
- Responsible for month-end accounting close process, preparation, and analysis of monthly financial statements for client accounts, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, and project accounting in accordance with established deadlines.
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of required accounting systems, procedures, and controls.
- Review and correct deliverables prepared by Accounting Staff.
- Prepare appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Analyze financial statements, trends, and variances, and resolve discrepancies as necessary.
- Manage disbursement preparation process, including check runs and ACH payments, reviewing for accuracy.
- Develop and assure strong supportive relationships with all departments and clients to ensure mutual cooperation and problem-solving.
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts.
- Interface with external auditors on quarterly reviews, annual audit and other inquiries, including preparation of requested schedules.
- Mentor and provide training to staff, as needed.
- Assist with tax preparation and filing.
- Prepare and delegate special projects as requested by the Director of Finance or senior management.
- Participate in and receive appropriate BSI-sponsored training, including increasing responsibility within the Accounting Department and Employee Benefits industry.
- Degree in Accounting from accredited university
- CPA or CPA exam candidate; certification a plus
- Operational accounting experience with various sized organizations
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenge
Applications Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
What You’ll Do
The QA manager will help expand the role of Quality Assurance processes at Benefit Solutions in ways that improve the overall software quality of internal applications without sacrificing the competitive advantage of being able to move quickly. The identification/implementation of new toolsets and the automation of processes will be key to expanding the positive impact of QA at BSI. The QA Manager will need to be smart, flexible, and curious; and also bring a strong work ethic and strong desire to advance the quality story.
- Under general supervision by the Vice President of Engineering, manage day-to-day QA activities for the QA team; assign / complete work tasks, coordinate project assignments & delivery, and handle all personnel issues and reviews for QA members
- Assist with the analysis, revision and quality enhancement of existing business processes
- Partner with business partners to create new quality business processes
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Developers, and Manager to achieve on-time delivery of IT projects, ensuring that each exceeds all quality standards
- Establish and evangelize quality achievement and performance throughout the organization
- Set QA compliance objectives and define appropriate metrics to measure success
- Define and implement quality standards, processes, and procedures that ensure the highest quality in BSI business applications
- Develop test plans, scenarios, and scripts that foster comprehensive testing of new and existing applications; including white box and black box testing with QA tools when appropriate
- Insert quality components throughout the development lifecycle, including quality acceptance, stress, load, regression and/or integration testing
Facilitate / coordinate end-user / UAT testing
- Define a process to track, resolve, and report software-related issues/defects and generate and publish metrics and key performance indicators for the IT team and business partners
- Develop a standard, repeatable process to conduct root cause analysis
- Perform software and user documentation audits in accordance with quality assurance guidelines
Test applications against requirements, designs, and/or other applicable project documentation
- Test deployment procedures against user and system documentation
- Ensure quality control by conducting walkthroughs, reviewing checklists, auditing deliverables and evaluating project milestones against established objectives
- Lead the development of requirements for analyzing & selecting QA tools, including manual and automated solutions
- Act as a liaison in all aspects for quality issues
- Understand processes involved in building software solutions using Magic and eDeveloper
- Collaborates well with IT and business resources to identify the best and most cost-effective solutions for the business
- Ability and desire to mentor and share QA knowledge with IT team members and across the company
- Complies with and supports all corporate, department and unit policies and procedures
- 6 years IT / QA-related experience, at least 2 years managing QA resources
- Experience in Software Release Management is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
OUR FAMILY IS THE CORE OF BSI’S SUCCESS
Exceeding expectations has been a hallmark of Benefit Solutions, Inc. (BSI) since our inception. We are exceptionally proud of our continued company growth, and our astounding Client Retention rate, and we know this unparalleled achievement is a testament to our employees.
None of this is possible without the amazing people and teams that work here.
BSI has a unique culture of work and play, teamwork and individual contribution that comes together to simplify the vast complexities associated with administering employee benefits. But for our employees, it’s more than just a job, it’s a passion! When you join BSI, you join our family. We think, act, and believe as a connected group. We’re passionate about our present and future, devoted to our clients and business partners, and deeply invested in the successes of all of our team members.
INVESTING IN EMPLOYEE SUCCESS
We believe in preparing our team for today’s and tomorrow’s challenges, and the mutual benefit it brings to BSI and our staff members. As a result of that belief we established BSI University (BSIU), a forum for employees to enhance personal and professional skills. Extensive and ongoing staff training is vital to serving our existing customers and exploring future horizons.
Employee benefit administration is complex, and requires collaboration. We’ve created both a culture and a physical space that supports our values. Employees work together in a casual, yet focused atmosphere that supports our excellence. Work teams are seated in open concept work areas that support collaboration, but still provide space for individual work. Conference rooms are creative, colorful, and casual to inspire creative solutions for our customers and our industry alike.
BSI is an avid supporter of our employees, as well as community causes that affect us all. We support staff members who volunteer in the community with organizations like Ronald McDonald House, local food banks, and other important causes. At times, we’ve found our own staff members in need of assistance, and like any strong family, we’ve banded together to support each other in unique and profound ways.
We value and support our employees’ health and welfare and encourage health-related activities, such as neighborhood walks during breaks, or organized sports activities after work hours. BSI also sponsors a complementary “Friday Breakfast” each week highlighting healthy foods. BSI staffers frequently showcase their culinary talents by cooking for their team members as well! Seahawks colored pancakes anyone?
We believe in offering our staff members a rich suite of benefits that exceeds industry norms. We take care of them because they take care of us! It conveys our commitment to supporting employees professionally and personally. We see many different offerings available in today’s market, and have chosen a combination of benefits that best suits our diverse staff’s personal needs.
BSI employees’ enjoy an extensive benefit package that includes:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
o Consumer-Directed Health Plans that provide tax savings- FSA, HSA, HRA, & DCAP
o 401k with an employer-matching donations, and is 100% vested from inception
o Employee Assistance Program
o Long & Short Term Disability Plans
o Voluntary Life Insurance for employees and their dependents
o Ancillary Products (accident, hospitalization, cancer, & other supplemental policies)
o Generous Paid Time Off
o Free Parking
We are very proud of the culture we’ve created that has made us one of Washington’s Best Places to work. We support thousands of businesses in the Northwest who much like us, have a belief that a company’s success is directly tied to employee satisfaction. BSI strives to be a leader in our industry, but also to foster employee leadership, development, and dedication to our clients. Our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, and Heart & Fun are guiding principles the BSI family lives by every day.
Association of Washington Businesses Honors Best Workplaces in Washington
Olympia, WA — The Association of Washington Business recognized four top Washington employers today with the 2015 Better Workplace Award, honoring proven commitments to innovative benefits, job training and workplace safety.
The annual AWB Better Workplace Awards program highlights private-sector Washington employers that raise the standard for excellence for helping workers stay safe, excel at their current jobs and prepare for advancement through training and education. All 8,300-plus AWB member companies are eligible to submit nominations, which are reviewed by a panel of workplace benefits and safety managers. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP sponsored the awards, which were presented during AWB’s annual Legislative Summit at the Red Lion Hotel Olympia following remarks from Gov. Jay Inslee.
This year’s recipients include a home care provider that pays to train community members to fill jobs within the company, a logistics and supply chain company with a deep and effective commitment to safety, and an energy company that has found creative and empowering ways to balance its employees’ work-life obligations with the need to ensure reliable electricity for customers.
“We are impressed with the innovative and effective ways that Washington employers are building better places to live and work. From ensuring safety to providing valuable work-life balance, Washington employers are leading the way,” said AWB President Kris Johnson.
The recipient of the 2015 AWB Better Workplace Award for Innovative Benefit/Compensation Programs are:
- Benefit Solutions, Inc., Mukilteo
Read the entire article here: https://www.awb.org/press-releases/?id=707