Benefit Solutions Inc. (“Company” or “We”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of information provided through its Websites by utilizing up to date technology combined with industry best practices to provide a secure online experience.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect or that may be provided when you visit the BSI web site [www.bsitpa.com] and SIMON® benefit portal [www.simon365.com] (collectively, our “Websites”) along with our practices for collecting, using, protecting and disclosing that information. It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Websites.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from our Websites, including:
- personal information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number which we collect directly from you when you provide it or from your employer on your behalf;
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites including the resources that you accessed and used
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. We use this information to help us improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns and store information about your preferences which allows us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
We may utilize cookies for this automatic data collection. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Websites.
How We Use/Disclose Your Information
We use information that we collect or that is provided to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and its contents to you. To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users which does not identify any individual without restriction. We may also disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Websites users is among the assets transferred.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We secure information provided on computer servers in a controlled and secure environment. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.